Sunday, November 1, 2009

Greetings from the Land of the Morning Calm

Unlike my other blogs, for the moment I just want to get some pictures up of Korea.

I arrived in Seoul at the end of August to teach business at Konkuk University. The university has about 20,000 students. My classes, of course, are in English. Some of my students even understand me.

Oh, why the name Kim Chee Chronicle? If you have ever had Korean food you know that it is always served with a number of side dishes. Kim Chee is the most popular, and is served with EVERYTHING. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, toothpast... you name it, it has kimchee. So welcome to the KCC.




The university is quite modern, and for the most part quite attractive.















The lake in the middle helps
















International Trade building where I work















My office is, unfortunately, bigger than my apartment !

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steven.
    Steve & Yolanda here.
    We love your KimChee Chronicles. I laughed
    a lot when Karen sent me the link, I knew
    right away what it was.
    Well we were still in the "Wet" season
    here in PC. Not looking forward to summer.
    Love your blog. What no pictures of your
    apartment?

    ReplyDelete